Friday, September 05, 2008

Making the most out of the medium

I tend to be behind the curve in terms of blogging. I did study computing at the University of East Anglia as one of my first year units and hated it. As a mathematician, I operated on the not wholly irrational basis that computers were a plot to make us obsolete. More realistically, teaching us to program in Fortran probably didn't help (and yes, there were still dinosaurs roaming the Norfolk countryside then...).

However, I've spent an hour or so adding Google Analytics to my armoury of 'stuff', and reintroduced myself to Google Adsense, and shuffled the contents of the right-hand bar a bit. I probably need to improve in terms of pictures and links, but that is more an issue of time than anything else, as well as the fact that I often blog using my BlackBerry, which tends to make 'art' somewhat more difficult.

So, I'll have a better idea as to my readership, and I might earn a little money whilst I'm at it... what harm can it do?

No comments: