Monday, February 13, 2012

Not Left, nor Reform, nor Vision... just a Liberal...

I can't tell you how hard it is to keep up with all of this. It is as though for each reaction there is an equal and opposite reaction. Ah, I forget, that's a law of physics, isn't it? And you cannae change the laws of physics... Anyway, no sooner has Liberal Left taken to the runway than Liberal Reform leaves the terminal building.

I won't be joining. I'm not the joining kind, I suppose, and besides, I already pay a subscription to something called the Liberal Democrats, an organisation dedicated to fighting for liberal values with a noble and valiant history of doing so. They seem to have the right idea, most of the time, at least, and I think that I'll happily settle at that.

That said, I wish them well, so long as they are about ideas and putting them into practice, rather than about opposing someone else within the Party. The website looks reasonably good, if sparse so far (it's early days, so don't take that to be a criticism), and we'll see what they do at our Spring Conference...


No comments: